Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Chance encounter at Bayon

Thanks for taking this pic Helen!
Ran into a former co worker yesterday and his lovely companion at a temple called Bayon. They were celebrating 25 years together on this trip. We chatted for ten or fifteen and he gave me his card.
Later that day I got an email from him asking if I'd like to meet for a drink. They met me at the Temple Club and we had beer and chatted for a few hours. It was great catching up. Really nice guy and he's been around the world dozens of times and has great insight into traveling.  He's put me in touch with another co worker who is living in Bangkok, so I'll try to hook up with him after my flight this afternoon.

This morning in Phnom Penh, a town 300 kms away, I drove by them in a Tuk Tuk on the way to the airport as I was leaving lunch. We all just waved and laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment