Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sergeon General Warns Going Away Parties May Damage Your Liver


Evans Consoles

Well, I said goodbye to everyone at the office yesterday. That was tougher than I expected. But I guess when you get up everyday and go to the same place for almost 3 years you get kind of fond of it.



Kickers 1st st SW Calgary




Went down to Kickers, a restaurant just opened by my friend Tom. He had some customers so he handed me a beer and I just chilled. The beer was MTL, a really great easy lager microbrewed in the old city. I chatted with some folks who overheard me say I was leaving. They made me promise them I'd visit Tasmania and New Zealand. I'll do my best, but it might not be this trip.... I'm not even gone yet and I'm meeting other tourists who have advice on where to go.

Four or five beers later and the boys showed up. Tom made us 4 or the best smoked meat sandwiches I've ever had. I love food. Headed back to Tom's and had rum. I love rum, yes I do.

We went to the Rose and Crown. I like the rose, but I gotta say, the bouncers there are, with a few exceptions, dumbass morons. Its amazing what the most miniscule amount of power will do to a complete idiot. Its too bad, they are the only dark spot on an otherwise great bar. Al's a great bartender and if you get a chance to talk to him, he's done alot of travelling and has some good stories.

Man, alot of people showed up. Turns out I'm quite popular! (Take that awkward highschool years!!) I don't think a moment went by when I didn't have a beer in my hand. Shots of Jack, something called a Koala, tequila... Great night all around. Thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment