Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Even a journey of 17000 mile starts with one early morning plane ride.

I'm on the plane. At one time I didn't think it would ever get here...but the last few weeks flew by. I got alot of things done, forgot alot of things and said alot of goodbyes in the past few days. Saying goodbye to our ancient English Setter, Maggie, was one of the hardest, due to its permanence.

But I'm in the air, off to Vegas where I connect to LA, then to Bangkok. Right now we are passing by Missoula. The little map on the back of the chair belonging to the little tiny woman ahead of me who felt it necessary to squeeze her 5'1" frame into the exit row, cause, God knows she needs the leg room, says so.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Grant Creek InnIf you've never stayed at a dilapitated Best Western in Missoula, you have not lived my friends. They say the journey is the destination, but the Best Western in Missoula is like a journey itself! Missoula is a shithole. But with the right company getting there can be a great ride!

There was a Molson Canadian ad on once where this guy is sitting on a plane and this gorgeous blonde girl (maybe Tricia Helfer?) in a Cowboy hat takes the seat next to him. Living in Calgary I always thought that might be possible. Today I am sitting beside two little old ladies. One is telling the other that she's not part of the social network, but she does have facebook but doesn't respond to anything because you don't know who's out there. That makes her a creeper in my book. She's also explaining 'The Twitter' I'm going to blow their minds and tell them the story of Tron, as if it was a true story. "One minute you're updating your status on the tweetey, the next you're fighting for your life with phospherescent frizbees! Stay away from the twitter ladies, there are no Rascals in cyberspace!!"

Next Stop....VEGAS BABY


No comments:

Post a Comment